Friday, March 11, 2016

March Desktop Calendar: Floral Rhapsody in oils

Its March and its officially been spring-time in India since late February!!
There are flowers and flowers everywhere!!
Its a riot  of colors anywhere you look, esp in the cantonement areas and its a treat to go for walks and peep into well manicured and well tended lush gardens around me.
So, as the trend goes for March, here is my ode to spring... but this time in oils.
I am trying out a new style to painting flowers... thick loaded paintbrushes with vibrant strokes... Inspired by a Dutch artist whose flowers paintings I am in love with...
These tiny square paintings are something that I might use in my powder-room, they are feminine, delicate and just right!
The pictures that I am attaching... one is complete while the other one is half done...
and there are two more to go…
plus I am thinking of making a HUGE one for the guest room… 
I think it might look good!

I hope you enjoy putting this one up on your Desktop.



And here is this month's vibrant calendar...
just right click+save+set as desktop picture.


3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...