Friday, May 8, 2015

Friday Food for the Soul: Triple Chocolate Banana Bundt Cake

I am always looking for ways to use up my over-ripe bananas languishing in my fruit basket in a healthy way other than banana smoothies or banana shakes...(though its another matter that my kids love both!)
And especially with the weather warming up... the bananas go squishy within just a couple of days!
So other than the normal Banana muffins and the absolutely delicious Banana Chocochip Bread with Cinnamon Swirl ( you have to try it!) I was itching to try out bananas with some chocolate flavors...
So when I came across a banana chocolate bread recipe on the internet, I thought why not up the ante and add chocochips as well as chocolate sauce topping??
hence the *triple* Chocolate Banana Cake for you!
Do I see the chocolate lovers doing the happy dance?
The banana adds the super moistness to a normal chocolate cake and the extra chocolate ingredients make  it deliciously decadent and secretly sinful.....
super yummy combination, I say!



so here is the absolutely simple recipe:

Triple Chocolate Banana Bundt Cake

Ingr:
1 cup All purpose flour (maida)
1/2 cup whole wheat flour (atta)
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
(sift the above dry ingr. twice and keep aside)
1/2 cup butter or refined oil if you are counting calories.
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
4 bananas (mashed well with a fork)
2 eggs
2 tbsp chocolate chips

Method:
1- Preheat the oven at 180C or 350F and get the bundt pan ready. If no bundt pan, then grease and flour a loaf pan of 9x5 inch
2- Take the chocolate chips and mix them in the dry ingredients (flour,cocoa,baking soda and powder) that you had sifted earlier and kept aside.
TIP: Adding the chocolate chips/nuts/dates etc to the flour mixture prevents them from settling down at the bottom of the pan.
3- Cream the two types of sugars and the butter/oil till light and frothy.
4- Add the eggs and the bananas to the sugar mix 
5- Now add the flour mixture bit by bit and mix gently with a spatula- Do not use the electric beater and do not over mix- Just stir till all the ingredients are combined.
6- Bake for 40 minutes at 180C and check with toothpick. (it should come out clean with a few crumbs clinging to the toothpick) and the top should be springy to touch.

For the topping sauce I used Dark Chocolate melted in a double boiler and dripped onto the cake.
If there is no dark chocolate lying in your fridge begging to be used- then you can improvise with the Hershey's Chocolate Syrup- works just as well!


and I also made muffins with same batter.
yes I know- I cant let go of a good thing if I have one!!
so here's a picture of my Chocolate Banana Muffins with melted white chocolate glaze.


....and the icing on my cake was my little visitor today at tea-time who loved the cake so much that he came back for second helpings!! :-)





2 comments:

  1. Looks good! I'll try making this for my toddler :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extremely simple and deliciously yummy (if thts a word). U rock mrs ahmed. Truly an inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...