Monday, April 27, 2015

Monday moment with my watercolor...

This watercolor reminds me of those genteel women in our households... 
when times were simpler... 
of the older times when wearing ghararas (whats this?) and maang teeka was normal...
I still remember my nani wearing simple pastel colored cotton and satin shararas and ghararas everyday like it was the most simple of clothing...
and she looked beautiful!
So this watercolor is dedicated to those times.... the times of Umrao jaan and Mughle-azam... 


2 comments:

  1. I once read how an artist's skill makes itself visible to a lay-reader's eyes, through the eyes of the person in the painting. Look at them. Marvellous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Sakshi for your wonderful comment! and for dropping by on my blog.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...