Friday, June 20, 2014

My Regular Reptilian Garden visitor... inspiring today's watercolor!


Top post on IndiBlogger.in, the community of Indian Bloggers
Since we shifted to Rajasthan, I didnt hold out much hope for a lot of flora and fauna with the heat and the sandy surroundings...
But once we got a house with a decent garden, that has everything from a few neem tree to lots of colorful bougainvillea and of course, my two abundantly generous pomegranate trees, I have been pleasantly surprised.
To see my garden in full bloom (click here)
And other than the flora in spring-time making me do a jig with joy (much to the consternation of my strait-jacket fauji husband), the highlight of most mornings is having my cuppa tea with my otherwise busy life-partner....
having a nice relaxed chai-shai and baat before he heads out for his hectic day...
and both of us really enjoy the chatter of the birds and the gurgling of the pond that add to the ambience...
and of course our daily reptilian visitors...
One of them is the Alpha male... with a very royal demeanor but an extremely shy disposition...
As soon as he saw me approaching anywhere near him, he would slip in behind the tree trunk...
but neverthless... I did manage to capture him in his few frozen moments before he ducked!



A Close-up... isnt he something?


And there he goes on his prowls again!



and of course I drew him...
I told you I was impressed!!


and my other very regular visitor...
the humming-bird!


6 comments:

  1. I don't like reptiles...can't help it, they give me a weird feeling from inside. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha... even i am grossed out by most creepy-crawly things- but i find lizards and chameleons ok :D

      Delete
  2. So beautifully painted.. Only a true artist can understand beauty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carbon copy :) You are a true artist who can pen down nature so beautifully Maryam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much Tara for your kind words... and thanx for dropping by!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...