Saturday, March 1, 2014

Saturday Art School: How to Draw Chota Bheem

Chota Bheem is not one cartoon that I particularly like...
not that I have anything against the concept...
its just that with my animation background- and after growing up with the Disney and Pixar style of animation, its very difficult to reconcile yourself with what passes for animation on the home grown Indian circuit!
I see the flaw in the character design and the wooden animation technique and the sad- sad story line and I wish that the animation industry in India grew up.
People might disagree with me but seriuosly we have a long way to go...
But nevertheless- kids absolutely adore Chota Bheem (my little one included) and as I have had a lot of requests to post a chota Bheem tutorial... here it is...
Broken down in real simple steps.
Enjoy!
Oh and draw the initial lines where we are drawing the placement of the body and its parts+feature placement with a very light pencil...

and FYI, if your little girl wants to draw Chutki... here is a simple tutorial: (click here)
Aaaaand bumper surprise!! if you want to throw a smashing Chota Bheem Birthday Party... with games ideas and free printables (cards etc) you can click here



STEP-1




STEP-2


STEP-3


STEP-4



STEP-5

STEP-6


STEP-7


STEP-8


STEP-9


STEP-10

STEP-11


STEP-12


STEP-13



11 comments:

  1. Very easy tutorial! Even kids can draw following your directions!

    Regards,
    Sindhu
    Tantu
    The Arts & Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you liked it! these tutorials are mainly aimed at kids, so tried to make them as simple as possible

      Delete
  2. I smiled all through this post, for chotu bheem! Yours in a fun blog, loving it! Your newest follower is here :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanx ambika and kudos to Indiblogger for making me discover like minded frenz! yaay!!

      Delete
  3. मेरी छोटी बेटी को चित्र बनाना बहुत अच्छा लगता हैं ,आपके तरीके से वो बहुत जल्दी सीख जायेगी

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Dilip- I hope usko aur bhi cartoon characters ke step by step achche lagenge... Check out the page on top of the blog post named "Art Tutorials" wahan bahut saare cartoon steps hain!

      Delete
  4. can u pls post more tutorials of chhota bheem and his friends
    plssssssss

    from priya,Bangalore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course Priya! your wish is my command :-) and I will be putting up a few other characters for you all soon... Check in on Saturdays- I usually have an art tutorial on Saturdays!

      Delete
  5. super duper blog..absolutely loooooved it..keep it up Maryam!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved it, it has helped me in making 'Chotta Bheem' for the love of our life, on her 4th birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you it helped me in my school project

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...