Saturday, December 14, 2013

Saturday Art School! Expressive "Eyes"

Its that day of the week again.... My favorite Saturday Art School!
and I cant believe that I havent posted anything "new" the past week...
seems like I am moving from Saturday to Saturday!
This is where I tell you what I have been busy doing...
Been swamped with work- not that I am compaining, but it has gotten a bit difficult to juggle parenting, and full time Army wife's responsibilty, and the good work coming in!
plus got a few friends who drop in once a while to learn sketching and painting!!
(didn't know I had it in me to teach...goes to show that every experience is a learning experience)
will be putting up thier works soon and am so proud of the way they are progressing!
talking about teaching- a lot of my friends are curious as to how to make eyes...
and whatever the rest of the face may look like- if you have given life to the eyes... the portrait always looks good!
so here is the eyes that I will be teaching today:





STEP-1:
Sketch the basic shape of the eyes and make sure that the placement is correct.
Draw the eyebrows as well.





STEP-2
Darken the eyebrows and draw the hair like shown in the sketch...





STEP-3
Sketch in the eye-balls and shape of the upper and lower eyelids





STEP-4
detail the eyeball and sketch in the eyelashes.




STEP-5
shade in the eyeballs in the way shown- the strokes should show and should be emanating from the center




STEP-6
shade the top and bottom eyelids of one eye- in this case the eye on the right..like shown.




 STEP-7
give a bit of detailed shading of the nose.






STEP-8
Start shading the other eye.






STEP-9
Add more detailing in the top and bottom layer.






STEP-10
shade in the shape of the nose like shown in the drawing.






STEP-14
Shade the sides of both the eyes and make sure you follow the curve in your strokes.


I hope you enjoyed this little lesson and will have fun making and shading some beautiful eyes in your sketchbooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...