Saturday, November 2, 2013

Light up your nights!!

 Yesterday was Halloween and tomorrow is Diwali... the festival of lights and crackers and sweets galore.....
I love dressing up my home whether its Eid, or Diwali or even for simple dinner parties...
I need absolutely no excuse to bring out my flowers and candles and crystals...
So a peek into some candles and flowers and table top decor that was used in few of the parties gone by...
and also some vignettes from my home... all lighted up!




I love this black and gold lotus shaped t-light holder... its beautiful how the distressed gold reflects the light...




one of the table top decor done for a sit down dinner...




 a few glittery colorful balls add a bit more festive feel to the table...




a look see at one of the big Regimental dinners that we hosted...




another close-up of the table vignette... complete with candles, flowers and lots of crystal...



Had a few hurricane lanterns with home made candles and some glittery Christmas ornaments placed randomly around the garden...


 some hurricane lanterns also had candles with sand, sea shells and a few starfish...


with the nearby table decor echoing the beach theme...






and of course how can I forget my pretty little lotus pond made with a lot of love and imagination...
and see the white porcelain hen and fish giving a bit of whimsy character to the pond....
can you spot a little frog lying on a lotus leaf and reading?



This is my favorite spot in my little garden where I enjoy my cup of tea, sitting and listening to my bubbling fountain...

I hope you enjoyed the lights that brighten up my home...
Have a bright and safe Diwali everyone!

7 comments:

  1. amazing work :saman

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my! Maryam you really are inspiring with boundless energy, imagination and the ability to translate these into beautiful visual delights......I am amazed and so so proud to have you as my friend.....:) keep shining and inspiring brighter than the brightest lamp always .....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. puja u have rendered me speechless with your compliments... the feeling is mutual and the pride is mutual! thank u :)

      Delete
  3. wwaaaaaaooooo...... finally... its ready and its looking so gooodddd..... amazing work.....U are an inspiration to all of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zoya meri jaan!! thank u! and did u guys notice the lamps that I took from u in Delhi?? I am using all of them!

      Delete
  4. WOW... !! it all looks so beautiful and elegant... amd rich... well done Marro.. i so wanna visit.. and we have to have a proper 4 course meal organised by the COW.. :) love it...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...