Thursday, October 4, 2012

Another Inspiration... Bil Donovan!!


Now that my tryst with pottery is over (kind of) and as a way to get over the creative yearnings and cravings and withdrawal symptoms of my soul...I went to Google (where else?) to search for inspiration...
and discovered a fashion illustrator-Bil Donovan...
His work just blew me away!!
The superb strokes...the colors + the softness + the fluidity.... and the silhouettes...A.MA.Z.I.N.G!!
He works mostly with inks... and is an artist, illustrator, and also teaches at the revered FIT (Fashion Institute of Technology) and at the Parson School of Design.
His work has appeared in the top Fashion Magazines like New York Magazine, Vogue, Harpers Bazaar, Elle etc.
I know most of my frenz are not really into illustrators...
but you HAVE to see his work!












And now some of Bil's awesome illustrations of my favorite city....
a city I can NEVER get enough of!!





Bil has also recently been named as Dior's first ever Arist in Residence!

As this also means that Bil will be giving live illustration Demos at special events, I looked around for something that I could go to...
after all I just have four months left to go and I want to squeeze every last drop that I can
and so, surprise surprise!!
there is a Fashion Event (month long) going on at Brooklyn Central Library and the coming Saturday is an illustration demo by Bil Donovan!
so you know now where I will be spending this Saturday!! :-)

1 comment:

  1. awesome work.. love the strokes.. i think you are going to really miss new york..!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...