Saturday, September 8, 2012

Easiest and quickest and Yummiest Chicken Breasts!

Its been a long time that I have posted any recipes-
I have been cooking a lot recently, but not really having the time to post anything on my blog!
So today here is something quick, easy, peasy and absolutely de... li... cious!!
I usually have a few chicken breasts kept in my freezer and when I am at a loss for what to make they usually end up in the oven and I end up getting praised for my efforts!!
And believe me cooking chicken breasts is sooooo easy and you can come up with so many variants that its a new dish everytime...
whether its marinated with curd + cream, or with balsamic vinegar and orange juice or just sauteed with lemon flavored salt and pepper with a relish...
Its loved by everyone!!
now the trick to make it look and taste good is also the side dishes that you serve the chicken with...
they should compliment the flavor of the chicken...whether its sweet or sour or spicy!
Now this chicken I made was cooked in honey and Dijon mustard...
so the chicken had a nice sweet flavor that went well with the salty creamed potatoes (mashed potatoes cooked with milk/cream and cheese) and lemon zest flavored sauteed string beans!
they looked good and tasted absolutely divine!
so here is the recipe:

Sweet and Tangy Honey Mustard Chicken


Serves 4
Ingr
3 chicken breasts-sliced through so that they are not too thick!
1/2 cup Dijon mustard or any other mustard sauce, in case you dont have Dijon
1/4 cup honey or even maple syrup!
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
Salt & Pepper
Rosemary

Method:

1- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2- In a small bowl, mix together mustard, honey, and vinegar.



 3- Place sliced chicken breasts into a baking dish. Season with salt and pepper.



4- Pour honey+mustard mixture over chicken. I marinated it for an hour but if you are in a hurry, you can skip the marination stage and go straight to the oven!
Sprinkle the Rosemary leaves on top... I didn't have fresh ones so I used dried Rosemary.

5- Bake for about half an hour and dont worry if a lot of the syrup is bubbling at the base of the pan...you can pour that over the chicken when you serve...it brings out the flavor!
serve with any accompanying side dish and garlic roasted bread!



YENJOY!! and lemme know if you tried it and also if you get requests for repeats!

Oh and you can use your leftovers (that is if you have any!) in your salads or sandwiches or top it on pasta!  :-)


For more tried and tasted and slurrped over recipes, please click here

3 comments:

  1. have to try this out.. :) will let u know..

    ReplyDelete
  2. and I have been dying to find a recipe where I can use honey with chicken ---THANKS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maryam would have been glad if you could help microwave users with your delicious recipes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...