Thursday, August 4, 2011

The heart wants what the heart desires!!

I dont think that I am so far removed from my son's fantasies as I like to believe...
He fantasizes of becoming a superhero to a rapper...and he is just seven...
I am inching towards the mid thirties and I still fantasize...
I dream of the time when the house will be silent and both the kids off to school and I can really sit down and have my cuppa tea in peace...without someone wanting that piece of bread and not this one!
Without my little man wanting to to go the toilet just when I bring my cup to my mouth!!
Without my big man wanting to know where the cellphone is coz he is getting late for office  and the hunt for the cellphone begins and my hot cuppa tea is all but forgotten...

I fantasize of the time when I can finally get enough peace of mind and time and get down to writing and illustrating the graphic novel that is simmering at the back of my head!
I dream of the time when i might be stable enough (read in one place for a longish time) to have a teenie tiny art/craft studio and a design store...
but then on second thoughts I kinda like the nomadic existence that my marriage to an army man has given me...it teaches you to improvise and make the most of your dreams with enough surprises at every corner...I kinda like the unpredictability but sometimes crave for the monotony...
hahaha....am I making sense?
The heart's desires are never-ending...
Its the desire to win that battle with the bulge and finally fit into those old jeans that I'd kept before my children were born...that maybe.....
Or the desire to be able to buy those Jimmy Choo shoes that I saw in my last trip to the mall...
Or the desire to be able to take out time to actually groove to the Zumba dvd set that I had bought two months back....and actually do something to lose that weight!
Or the desire to go on an all girls trip with best friends ( and with no children and husband) to some exotic place even for a week..... and really live it up!!  (hint hint...)
And the most pressing desire???....
To have a genie who can just remove the spills of milk on the floor there....iron out the the huge pile of clothes on the table there.....put away the toys that are everywhere....do the dishes...make the lunch....blanket out the noise of my two boys fighting over who gets to ride the scooter first.......
......just so I can get this little piece of my heart's desire out for everyone to read  :-)





7 comments:

  1. for you to get a genie you need to move back to india and hire a maid or better yet some place in asia (Hong Kong preferably) so you hire a more professional help.. :) loved the blog and the illustration...after all we each have a list of our hearts desires that are long and never ending.. :) there is always the that one unattainable 'if only'...!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maryam love the blog as always.....but can actually kill for that illustration!!!!! had almost something like this in mind to define my blog........wish a genie could give me 1% of your arty talent for 1 night and I could create something like that...sach heart wants what the heart desires :-))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the article!!! Miss you guys! and bhabi maybe you can start illustrating for blogs on ze side!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved it n just like Puja loved the illustration .... won't be long before the older one is back in school & then maybe the heart will get what the heart desires.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. luved it maryam,ur doing a fab job!!!
    we all have the same desires n u jus penned it down beautifully. hats off to u,staying in NY u are taking out the time out to do this,i can soooooo imagine ur day darling!cheers to u man......

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanx guys for the feedbk... :-) makes my day!
    @saffu-hong kong toh nahi but i cant help dreaming of the help when we get bk to india-from the maali to the cook to the dhobi to the sweeper...
    aaaaah the benefits of being in india!!
    @ puja darling...thank you for the appreciation!! you just have to say...i will make any kind of illustration for you for yr blog...
    @ hahaha...sarah-i just get enuff time to make illustration for the blog... doing it professionally would meed more hours in the day! but i dont mind the offers!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ tina-thanx yaar..just waiting for owais to start school..then maybe :-)
    @gifty-thanx...it is a little difficult to do everything but i was having so much fun that i had to share it....hence the blog :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...