Thursday, July 21, 2011

why daal,donuts and doodles?

hi everyone....
i am Maryam, a mother of two boys aged seven and two and a work at home mom who specializes in children's books and portraits.
my husband is in a job that involves lots of moving,in fact in my eight years of married life we have changed homes/cities at least ten times,so hence the blog name .......my home is always spun around!!
having just moved to the U.S. four months back, i had my hands full with the activities of my two boys and settling down in a new country,but i was lonely....

back home in India we have a massive and i mean massive.... support system of family, cousins, friends,
who are just a phone call away,and some just a yell away...
so this move was overwhelming esp as we had very few friends here in the U.S.
and i was missing my circle of friends and family back home...
i was writing to them constantly about my experiences...the new tastes, smells, the places i was visiting and they all loved my wide eyed view of everything American...
i was thrilled with the gadgets available here and how everything was technologically driven in this new country that i had to try and reach out-make new friends through this medium...
and so the blog idea was born....
this blog of daal (which i cook) and donuts (which i love) and doodles (which my blog will be full of)
hopefully will help me find new friends and make my two year stay in America full of excitement and new adventures and i will faithfully update all my posts with whimsical illustrations and doodles and sketches of all things that move me and inspire me....
hope to see you visiting me often- adios amigos!!!   :-)

4 comments:

  1. WOW... this a great start!! would love to read your blogs... and i'm again waiting for some more pics of Amreeekka!! when are they coming??
    love,
    Nida

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Way to go darling.... love it and looking forward to lots of posts)
    Nidhi

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats maryam aapa!!! really nice post. looking fwd for more posts...

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank god for frenz...
    the best wishes have been so encouraging that its motivated me wilfully try and take out time to write and sketch everyday...inshallah!
    only thing is i am still trying to find my way around and add things and remove things and try and beautify the blog with the little resources available on blogspot...
    so my posts might be a bit erratic till i get into the groove...
    thank you all sooo much for the encouragement :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...